QUIZ: Why are these understatements?
1. “I wouldn’t drink that water if I were you; it’s not very clean.”
2. It’s been awhile since the Chicago Cubs won a World Series.
3. Domestic violence is a problem.
4. Why people put tarragon in their food is a mystery.
5. Canada seems to have turned its back on its First Nation population.
6. Political campaign financing should probably be monitored, limited, and transparent.
7. Donald Trump is ___________________.
8. Puppies are cute.
9. Kittens are cute.
10. Bunny rabbits are cute.
1. Lead in water causes brain damage in children. What Went Wrong in Flint.
2. The Chicago Cubs last won Major League Baseball’s World Series in 1908, the longest drought of any MLB team, ever.
3. In the U.S. one woman is beaten by her husband or partner every 15 seconds.
4. Tarragon is disgusting and horrible.
5. First Nations Suicide Crisis, Highway of Tears.
6. How much money is behind each campaign in the U.S. Presidential race so far? [Spoiler: more than US$1.2 billion]
7. Whatever anyone ever says about a bloviating misogyinist racist is always an understatement.