Prompt: Key Takeaway
Give your newer sisters and brothers-in-WordPress one piece of advice based on your experiences blogging. If you’re a new blogger, what’s one question you’d like to ask other bloggers?
5 Hard and Fast Rules for Writing, Especially Blogging
- Write about what you know. Or, write about what you don’t know! It’s really ideal either way, because with the first you are sharing with others, and in the second you are juggling imagination balls, and that is always fun.
- Use vocabulary skills learned from extensive reading and study. Or, use simple words to express yourself, like Hemingway did!
- Write to please yourself, not others. Or, why not both? It’s a great pleasure having people enjoy what you read, or learn from it, or be inspired by what you write. Go for it!
- Use your own unique, natural “voice”. Or, try writing from the viewpoint of someone completely alien from you. Or write from another viewpoint, but with your style of voice— go crazy! Use exclamation points! Or not.
- Use listicles and other “hooks” to gain readership. And did you ever think of making a question the title of your blog? Or just write interesting things, without the need for gimmicks!